Regardless of how often you clean your bathroom, mold can still find a home. The amount of moisture in the air determines the amount of mold.
Of course, we still recommend cleaning your bathroom (toilet, sink, shower, the whole bit) once a week to keep other bacteria from sneaking in!
To combat mold, you should:
- Use a squeegee to wipe water off the shower walls after you use it. This eliminates three-fourths of the moisture.
- Be sure to run your bathroom fans during your shower or bath and for a half hour afterward to air out the moisture.
- Seal your grout lines annually if you have tile with a grout sealer to keep them waterproof.
- Make sure your toilet, sink and pipes are not leaking.
- Buy a bath rug that dries easily and wash it regularly.
- Wash your shower curtain or replace it frequently.
- Clean underneath bottles that sit in your shower weekly and replace your loofah every month. To prevent mold even further, use a washcloth instead of a loofah and don’t keep anything inside of the shower - it’s the perfect place for mold to grow.
Do you have mold already?
Don’t worry. It doesn’t have to be here to stay. You can either scrub the surfaces of your bathroom with detergent and water or a mixture of 10 percent bleach and 90 percent water. Spray or brush on the solution, let it sit 10 minutes, and then rinse it off. Do this regularly, at least once a month, to keep the mold at bay.
We recommend writing this down monthly in a planner or setting a reminder on your phone so you don't wait until spring cleaning every year to deep clean the bathroom. An extra 30 minutes a month will save you time, money, and your health in the long run!
Re-Bath is fast. Affordable. Refreshing. Everything you've ever wanted for your bathroom. At Re-Bath of Arkansas, we believe that your bathroom should be your sanctuary. Are you looking for a total bathroom remodel, a tub to shower conversion, walk-in tubs, or a company you can trust? Let us transform your bathroom into a luxurious and inviting retreat. Revive your bathroom, and revive your soul. Contact us today!